Whether you’re taking a 10-minute DX break from your computer at work or home or back-packing in the mountains, MFJs new QRP-Cub is a great way to put the magic back into your ham radio.
You’ll enjoy countless hours operating this tiny high performance QRP transceiver.
MFJ QRP-Cub transceivers use surface mount technology to achieve big performance in a pocket-sized package. The kit version has all SMT parts mounted and soldered. You just insert and solder the through-hole parts such as the connectors, inductors and trimmer caps / pots.
In just a few hours, you’ll be working the world with QRP fun! The MFJ QRP-Cub was designed by QRP-ARCI hall-of-famer K1BQT for real-world low power operating conditions.
Buy them all or choose from 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, or 15 Meters. specify in “XX” area of the model number.
Here are a few of the Cubs features that you’ll appreciate.
- Hot Receiver: 0.2 UV sensitivity pulls in weak signals.
- Low Noise: Virtually no noise contribution from receiver electronics.
- Sharp Passband: Crystal filter and shaped audio reject QRM and QRN.
- Differential-Mode AGC: Audio output holds rock-steady over 80 dB signal range.
- Robust AF Output: Drives stereo phones or external speakers.
- Adjustable Transmitter: RF output is variable to zero. 2 Watts out thru 20 M, 1 W on 17 / 15 M.
- Full QSK: Seamless electronic switching for smooth break-in.
- Natural Sidetone: Pure sine-wave receiver monitors signal.
- Shaped Keying: Controlled envelope for click-free keying.
- Custom TX offset / receiver passband center: User-adjustable.
- Low Power Drain: Use any regulated 12 to 15 V DC source. 36 mA receive, 380 mA transmit.
- Truly Portable: Set up anywhere, tuck out of the way when not in use.